Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Reusing Christmas Cards


My sister-in-law Debbie is a frugal maven.  She loves a great deal, and rarely lets things go to waste. She has always reused last year's Christmas cards as gift tags for the following year.

This year she gave out thank you notes from her and the kids using the old cards.  She just cut off the portion that had writing on it and wrote on the back as you would a post card.  I thought this was a fantastic use of resources.

I did a little searching online and found this Better Homes and Gardens article that has some wonderfully creative ways to use those cards that are about to head to the recycling bin. If you are seriously constrained by budget, use these tips next Christmas, or as Debbie did, say thank you with this easy money saving project!

I think you could make some beautiful letter banners with old cards too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many minds are better than one, thank you for joining me on my frugal journey! This is a place to share what you know, ask questions, or tell stories. Glad to have you here!